Dr. Curtis D. Thorpe
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Curtis D. Thorpe, MD
Dr. Thorpe specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopedic conditions including arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery, as well as sports medicine.
About Dr. Thorpe
Specialty Training in Arthroscopic Knee and Shoulder Surgery.
Dr. Thorpe has been treating sports related knee and shoulder conditions for the last 25 years. He and his sports medicine team have extensive experience in the prevention, evaluation and treatment of your knee or shoulder condition.
Dr. Thorpe is the team physician for Lamar University Athletics, Kelly Catholic High School, and Nederland High School.
- Undergraduate: Houston Baptist University, Houston, TX
- Medical: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Internship: Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals, Houston, TX
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals, Houston, TX
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Texas Medical Association
- Jefferson County Medical Association
- Texas Society of Sports Medicine
Dr. Thorpe is the Team Physician for the Lamar University Athletic Programs and numerous UIL High School Programs.