Dr. David D. Teuscher
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
David D. Teuscher, MD
Dr. Teuscher, a long-time surgeon at BBJI, is serving as President of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).
About Dr. Teuscher
We use a team approach with patient-centered care. Our shared decision-making process helps you become an informed patient so you can make the best choice to get you back in the game.
Dr. Teuscher’s special practice interests include advanced arthroscopy of the knee and shoulder, sports injuries and care of the mature adult. He is the team physician for Lamar University and several local high schools.
Dr. Teuscher is President of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and past president of Texas Orthopaedic Association. He is also a past president of the Jefferson County Medical Association.
A member of the Beaumont Rotary Club, Dr. Teuscher serves on the Greater Beaumont Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. He serves as Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Secretary and State Bar of Texas Board of Directors.
- Undergraduate: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL
- Medical: University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- Internship: Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Fellow of the American Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Western Orthopaedic Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Orthopaedic Association
- Jefferson County Medical Association
- Baptist Hospital
- CHRISTUS Hospital – St. Elizabeth
- HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- Kate Dischman Rehabilitation Hospital
Awards and Recognitions
- Neches River Festival 2008 Citizen of the Year